Friday, August 12, 2011

my favorite place to stay in paris: loving le meurice longtime...

in my beloved city of light (and former stomping ground) its not about what's new but rather what's being re-interpreted from historic, opulent, ultra-decadent foundations that were first unveiled many moons ago. enter le meurice, a veritable institution of luxe that wholeheartedly ranks as my preferred accommodation of choice in paris. not simply because salvador dali stayed there (along with a host of others), or because of the breathtaking views, but because of the ways in which the hotel blends tradition with contemporary cultural projects and support for the arts. watch this space for details over the coming months as i endeavor to prove my point. in the meantime, enjoy these images depicting my final 48 hours in the french capital. side note: how adorable is the stuffed teddy?








No comments: